This is the Privacy Notice of Eightstone. It describes how we will make use of all Personal Information which you provide to us or any of our Eightstone Group companies.
Please read this page carefully before you start to use this site. If you do not wish to be bound by this Privacy Notice then you should not access this site. Where permitted by law, access of this site by you shall be deemed to be your acceptance of this Privacy Notice and your agreement that we may process and use your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries regarding this Privacy Notice or complaints about our use of your information please contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to deal with your complaint or query as soon as possible.
INFORMATION WHICH WE MAY OBTAIN FROM YOU
The types of personal information we may collect and process from you include:
- your contact information (e.g., name, telephone number, email address, postal address);
- your financial information (e.g. bank and/or credit card statements);
- information related to your financial profile (e.g., risk suitability);
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that communication and any communications and correspondence with you; and
- information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and security reasons and to collect aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHAT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU DO WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may receive information about you from third parties. In particular, we may receive information about you from Banks, Asset managers, Credit card companies whom you have direct contact.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION AND WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THIS USE?
We may use the personal information to conduct business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- Providing you with highly-individualized service;
- Presenting you information relating to Eightstone;
- Monitoring customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with the applicable law.
- Using information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our products or services;
- Using data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigation purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
We may use the personal information where you give us consent:
- Providing you with financial-related information, information relating to Eightstone or details about products and services that may be of interest to you, as well as personalised communication (electronic or otherwise). You have an absolute right to opt-out at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the details set out in “opting out” section below.
We may use the personal information for purposes which are required by law, such as:
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
In some cases we may be required to disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements and requests from government agencies if required for the purposes set out above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws. We may also disclose your personal information to our group companies or to third parties:
- who provide us with payment related, data management and profiling, analytics, advertising or other services in order to process your instructions, and provide you with any information that you have requested;
- where we consider that we need to in order to comply with any law or regulation, where we suspect that any criminal offence may have been committed, to protect our rights, property or safety or that of others and in any circumstances where we consider that we are permitted to do so by law or regulation; and
- where that third party is a professional adviser to us or any of our group companies.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Our website may contain links to other websites belonging to third parties. We do not control the privacy practices of these other websites. You should therefore make sure when you leave our site that you have read that website’s Privacy Notice.
WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE?
In accordance with applicable laws, you may have rights in relation to your personal information. Such rights include:
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information; and to obtain the personal information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in applicable data protection laws. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, or to obtain other information, such as a copy of a legitimate interests balancing test, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an applicable data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
If you do not wish to remain on our database and to receive our personalized communication (electronic or otherwise) or other communications, please note that you may opt out of our database by sending an email to our Data Protection Manager at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW LONG WILL YOU RETAIN MY DATA?
Where we process personal information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data so that we can respect your request in future.
In relation to all your personal data , we will not retain your data for longer than required for the purposes indicated above, and will delete personal data if they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they are collected or otherwise processed, unless we are required to keep the data to comply with applicable legal obligations.
QUERIES OR COMPLAINTS
If you have any queries or complaints regarding this Privacy Notice or use of your personal information please contact our data protection manager using the contact details set out in the “Opting Out” section above.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time and we will notify you of any material changes using the email address you have provided or by an announcement on our website. The changes will apply to the use of the site after such notice. Where permitted by law, if you use the site after the date on which the changes come into effect, you will be deemed to have accepted the new Privacy Notice.
When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalised web experience
- To improve the website content and performance;
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To speed up your searches;
- To enable log in and authentication when you log onto our sites;
- To recognize you when you return to our sites; and
- To deliver a better and more personalised service by allowing us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
Information held in cookies set by Eightstone are kept to a minimum and can only be read by Eightstone or by someone who has physical access to your personal computer. Many web browsers allow you to control the use of most cookies through their browser settings. To learn more about cookies, including information on what cookies have been set on your computer and how cookies can be managed and deleted, If you want to know more about cookies, head to aboutcookies.org or allaboutcookies.org (please note: these links open a new window or browser tab)
Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it will reject cookies, our system will issue cookies when you access or use our websites. By accessing or using our websites you consent to Eightstone using cookies. In the event you refuse to accept cookies by adjusting your browser setting, some or all areas of our websites may not function properly or may not be accessible.
HOW DO WE UPDATE THIS COOKIES POLICY?
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?